Monday, May 29, 2006

A great a sigh of relief...

I guess the end of the world as we know it didn't come to fruition.

Strangely enough, the "impact" appears to have wiped out nothing but the website about it, except for a few comments by Craig Boswell left here:

UPDATE MAY 27, 2006: A clue to the timing of the anticipated event

Many people undoubtedly think that the announced event has fizzled and may be readjusting their outlook on life and returning their lives to normal. [Nah, I think I was already "readjusted" long before the 26'th -js]

I have trouble doing that when I think of all the dreams and other signs which I have witnessed that point to this event. What would otherwise be the purpose of all these warnings? I know the window cannot be extended indefinitely into the future. Two of the people whom I have seen moved out of harm’s way under the pretext of a social gathering are to return home Sunday night. So I would expect Sunday to be the last possible day.
[...]

(It goes on from there in a less coherent fashion.)

I suspect one of the real drawbacks of being a skeptic is that you miss out on all the rejoicing after these it-was-that-close events.

On the other hand, I don't have to go back and apologize to my boss with a "I'm so sorry about that conversation on the 25'th... can I have my job back... please?"

No comments: